DVD shrink ?

Magik ®© 12:45 22 Jan 2005

hi,does anyone know where in the programme you can finalise the dvd, so it can be played in a dvd player as against a PC.

thanks

john-232317 12:51 22 Jan 2005

All the ones i have done play in any DVD player, and i haven`t changed any settings ;-))

Noelg23 12:59 22 Jan 2005

why dont u get DVD Santa? click here once you have 'shrinked' the DVD using DVD Shrink you can then copy it to a blank DVD and play on your player other than the drive. I have done this and it works altho my DVD player takes a while to load the discs...the missus reckons its the discs...but they are Datawrite DVD-R 8x so can someone please tell me how else am I meant to get my missus to know the difference between a £30 DVD player and one that may cost more that can play my DVDs without taking ages to load up!!

SEASHANTY 13:00 22 Jan 2005

I use my Panasonic domestic DVD recorder to finalise the DVD-R discs on completion of recordings. Haven't fitted a DVD burner in the PC yet, but I think that the option to finalise DVD-R discs will be listed somewhere on your DVD Writer options menu.

ACOLYTE 13:04 22 Jan 2005

The softwar you use to copy the dvd should finalise it after writing the dvd menu,i think.

john-232317 13:09 22 Jan 2005

Mine is set to Enable burning with Nero.

Magik ®© 13:18 22 Jan 2005

oh, it must be operator error, anyone want to but some coasters :-)...i will keep trying..

Sans le Sou 13:20 22 Jan 2005

Shrink uses Nero 6 as its default burner if you have it installed and the burning is automatic at the end of the reauthor/backup and the DVD is finalised. If you have to use other burning software you can set it up in the burner software but unless you specify multisession it should finalise it anyway.

Magik ®© 13:30 22 Jan 2005

I have got "nero burning ver 6", so i will try again..thanks

Sans le Sou 13:40 22 Jan 2005

When shrink has finished the draw opens, just put your blank DVD in and close the drawer and it should burn on its own.

iamthewalrus 13:45 22 Jan 2005

I found using dvd shrink that you must make sure "region free" is not checked and select the correct region for your player. I tried region free, made an iso and burnt it with cloneDVD and it would play in the PC but not a dvd player. I then set the region and tried again and it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?