DVD-RW wont burn correctly

vicky seville 11:32 12 Jul 2004

I have a lite-on LDW851S dvdr/rw.This is fitted into an external enclosure and then connected to the PC by fire wire.I am trying to back up my dvd collection and use DVD shrink first or Nero recode.The files burn successfully to the dvd but when I play the DVD in my DVD player the results are hit and miss.I can get all the movie then the last few chapters freeze frame or intermittent freezing throughout the whole disc.I am at a loss as my mother uses same discs and software and has perfect results but has a built in drive.Is the firewire the likely cause of my problems?Can any answers be kept very simple please.
Thanks

MichelleC 13:52 12 Jul 2004

You have to try and eliminate errors as much as poss on data transfer, expecially dv as the files are so large. Make sure DMA is enabled on drives; go to Device Manager and IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS and right click each IDE channel/Properties and check DMA if available. See if you can also do it for the external device. When burning etc turn off all non-vital b/ground probs like av and firewall (+system restore) and to turn off any others use EndItAll (use Close All not Kill All) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?