DVD RW Reliability

Peter 11:12 23 May 2003

Now that writeable and re-writeable DVD Drives are becoming cheaper and more available I was wondering about the reliability of re-writable DVDs.

This question is prompted by the apparent poor reliability of CD-RWs compared to CD-Rs. Does anyone know if the situation is the same for writeable DVDs and re-writeable DVDs?

Peter.

-pops- 11:17 23 May 2003

I asked exactly the same thing last week!!

Brian click here

Peter 11:54 23 May 2003

Thanks for the link Brian; I didn't even think to search for this subject as I thought it would not have been asked before.

Perhaps with a new question being displayed we might get some extra response.

Peter.

-pops- 12:00 23 May 2003

Hope so!

Using recordable ones OK but having had disasters with CDRW disks, I'm a bit scared of entrusting large chunks of data to a DVDRW, whether or not it's +/- ;-))

Brian

Peter 10:25 24 May 2003

Anyone else got any views on this subject please, or is it too early in the lifetime of re-writeable DVDs to ask?

Peter.

-pops- 10:49 24 May 2003

I have a couple on test but, who knows how long it will take before anything adverse happens??????????????????

Brian

Peter 15:25 24 May 2003

Looks like it's only you and me -pops- that are interested in this question.

Peter.

-pops- 15:49 24 May 2003

Perhaps it's only me that's had such a disastrous time with CDRW disk that I distrust anything with RW in the name.

Never know, we may become world authorities on the unreliability of DVDRW devices!

Brian

Peter 17:47 25 May 2003

Perhaps you (-pops-) and hssutton (mentioned in your link) could report on your finding about re-writeable DVD, when convenient, in a few months time.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)