DVD+-RW driver cannot read some CDs, normal?

JerryJay 20:48 20 Jan 2004

I found out that my DVD+-RW driver (Lite-on LDW-811S) cannot read some normal data CDs. Is this normally? On Win2K system, the driver cannot read some CDs when I install Sonic MyDvD which come with the drive. When I uninstall Sonic MyDVD, I can read CDs again. My machine also has WinXP Pro installed which has Roxio Easy CD/DVD 6.0 installed. Some CDs cannot be read. I have not removed Roxio CD/DVD yet. By the way, on Win2K, I installed Nero 6 produced some perfect DVDs. I think DVD+-RW driver conflicts with packet writting software such as directCD in Roxio. Before I send back the driver to repair, I would like to find out what really is the reason. Anyone has any experience or expert knowledge about this?

Mike ® 23:19 20 Jan 2004

^

JerryJay 09:33 21 Jan 2004

Any idea?

Jester2K 09:45 21 Jan 2004

Probably all the DVD writing software conflicting, which would explain why it works OK when some software is removed.

Only use one software - Nero and EasyCD are known to cause problems when both are installed on the same PC.

JerryJay 10:55 21 Jan 2004

On WinXP only EasyCD installed.

JerryJay 09:20 27 Jan 2004

Found the problem now. The problem is caused by the program DLA (drive letter access, a packet writing program similar to InCD or DirectCD) which come with Sonic MyDVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017