dvd rom needs changeing

yarde 22:56 19 Apr 2008

Hi i have just brought a Medion Cybercom MD6272(i think thats right)anyway the dvd drive is not working and i need to change it so i need to know how to open the laptop and get the drive out and then put a new one in(i have built computers before but never messed with a laptop)2, as i say the drive is broke so i need a new one the one thats in there is a liteon slimtype combo LSC-24081M , its a dvd rom but i want to put a dvd-rw in , can i put any kind of dvd drive in or does it have to be a specific kind and if so what is compatable with this laptop any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Scott.

rossgolf 22:59 19 Apr 2008

i would phone medion up and ask how much one would be from them...or find out was the part is specifically ie. model number etc then we mite be able to find you one

yarde 23:13 19 Apr 2008

Hi thats the dvd drive model(LSC-24081M)What i really want to know is do most of the dvd/cd roms/rw fit in to most laptops or do you need specific ones,would i be able to go and buy a of the shelf dvd-rw and put it in my laptop.

rossgolf 23:15 19 Apr 2008

i wouldnt think so becuase they would want to con some more money out of you...phone them up and ask them about it and see wat they say

yarde 23:23 19 Apr 2008

Ah get ya point now (THEIVES)...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?