dvd rom and dvd writer drives

Kingfisher 12:55 19 Jul 2005

Further to a recent posting regarding slow decrypting and legal copying of my own dvd movies. I have come to the conclusion that the two optical drives are not compatible, so I wish to replace them. my questions are, these two drives are oem's fitted in a Dell 8300 series p.c with black fascias, they are Samsung SD616-E dvd rom drive and Teac DV-W58E +r/+rw writer drive, because they are oem's can I still take them out and fit any drive, i.e. voltage power connections etc. If I can,is there anybody who can recommend good quality drives with black fascias and should I have multi format burner or stick with +r. I would want to stick with two seperate drives. apolgies for long drawn out posting

phono 13:15 19 Jul 2005

I would be fairly certain that your drives use standard IDE and power connectors so any drive should work.

I would also go for a multi formay dual layer burner, as to drives with black fascias try using Google to search for drives with that option and then check out PC Advisor or some of the forums for recommendations.

phono 13:16 19 Jul 2005

Make that format, not formay.

Completealias 16:05 19 Jul 2005

The LG GSA4163B come in at the top in PCA's round up of dvd writers. It supports +/- R/RW +Dual layer R and DVD-RAM with a maxium wirte speed of 16x depending on format and disks.

You can get a black one here click here for £31.98 and there delievery charge is £1.99 I have found them to be a good company. I made an order on Fri tea time and it turned up today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?