dvd rom cable query

Eargasm 22:10 26 Mar 2004

Hi All
Been having probs with my dvd drive for the last week (pioneer dvd-rom 117) music cd's skipping tracks,dvd's not playing.
Tried allsorts from a previous post,however when looking in control panel/admin tools/event viewer/system, there were loads of errors all to do with cd rom,when viewing error messages it said "the driver detected a controller error on drive\cdrom0, when clicking link to microsoft support it says "this problem is typically caused by a failing cable between the drive and the computer",solution replace the cable.
Can anyone tell me where i can get a cable from,and what type,ie are they all standard.
Thanks Phil

Paranoid Android 22:29 26 Mar 2004

A standard IDE cable should do the trick, preferably ATA100 (80 wires).

click here

click here

Marvin

arricarry 22:38 26 Mar 2004

Hello - the only cable that connects devices to the Mboard is a ribbon cable, You need to have a look at the present setup to see if there are 2 devices on the cable and get a new one of the same type. You can now get round cables too that do the same job. Loads of places on line or go to a Computer store.

Eargasm 23:08 26 Mar 2004

Thanks All
I will sort it in the morning (hopefully)

Eargasm 20:32 28 Mar 2004

Hi All
Purchased a cable from local computer shop £2.50p the man in the shop was convinced it wasen't a cable problem and tried to sell me a new drive,replaced the cable today and now it works a treat.
Thanks for all your help Phil

Paranoid Android 21:51 28 Mar 2004

? 2.50 is a very good price from a shop. Most would charge 5 times that amount.

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?