DVD Ripper

strokebow 15:01 17 Sep 2008

Hi,

I want to rip a video from a DVD so that I can keep it on my hard drive and watch at convenience.

How do I do this?

If software is needed, I would like a free software which does not have spyware etc.

Thanks

jimv7 15:17 17 Sep 2008

DVDshrink click here

strokebow 16:48 17 Sep 2008

thanks but link aint working

hiwatt 17:07 17 Sep 2008

Here it is.click here

strokebow 19:16 17 Sep 2008

I got it but it does not appear to do what I outlined I wanted it to do.

Save a DVD vdeo to my PC so that I am able to watch it direct from my HDD without the DVD.

Can anyone help?

thanks

eedcam 19:25 17 Sep 2008

Oh yes it does pleaseclarify what it has not done .ie are you saying it has not copied to your hard drive .
Also read this click here
Once you have it you will need aplayer that can play iso files if yours wont this will and its free
click here

IClaudio 19:40 17 Sep 2008

You can play your DVD Shrink files once ripped from the DVD. Drag the VIDEO_TS.IFO file onto the DVDShrink icon on your desktop, and it will then analyse the file, takes about 30 secs or so. Then you can play the film in the small Preview screen - but right-click and select the 'Full Screen' option: bingo...

It's a bit of a kludge as you have no options apart from a slider that you can drag along the timeline, but it's workable.

strokebow 19:48 17 Sep 2008

I now have VLC but I still cant play the DVD without the DVD in the drive.

Anyone?

eedcam 19:58 17 Sep 2008

You have the dvd on your hard drive yes? open vlc click on file then in the explorer window navigate to wher you saved your file then at the bottom drop the dropdown box select all files highlight your file and clickplay It should then behave as a normal dvd

IClaudio 19:58 17 Sep 2008

<cough>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?