DVD recorder upgrading

almi 09:04 20 May 2008

Is there any software I can use to allow my Pioneer DVD recorder DVR-520H to playback DivX/xdiv? Any help please!!

wotbus@ 09:39 20 May 2008

I wouldn't have thought any domestic DVD player/recorder would be user programmable with regard to format. Check the manual - usually with playback formats "what you see is what you get".
You could try a DivX to (another format) converter software on your PC then play that back on the DVD player.
click here
This is just an example and cheap enough, google DIVX CONVERTER and it throws up loads.
Have fun ;-)

Dvd Flick,free converter.Try that,if your standalone player doesnt support divx etc.
click here

almi 12:02 20 May 2008

Thank you for the help. I'm already using Flick but this is not what I'm after.I am looking for a software that I can run through my recorder to make it able to playback Xdiv (similar to the one I've used to convert the recorder to all region player)

MCE2K5 20:45 20 May 2008

Can't be done, Needs onboard decoder Chip. As it says click here without DivX Playback.

Best way, Get one of these click here

almi 18:04 21 May 2008

Dear friend MCE2K5, you have helped me a lot.I will follow your advice. Thank you very match.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?