DVD recorder problems

Rogerfredo 10:42 23 Nov 2003

I have just purchased a DVD recorder from Komplett. They say it is a NEC ND1300, but my Windows ME system returne NEC ND 1300A.
Nero also returns this ID.and as this is the NEC site listing I take it this is correct.
The problem is that DVD-R media I purchased which was tested on the ND 1300A recorder does not work.
The "firmware" quoted by the media supplier was version 1.08, whereas Nero says that my firmware is version 1.06.
Could this be the problem, and if so, can I update it and from where (Nothing on the NEC site).
Alternatively, are my problems caused by copy protection (CSS) on the media?
(I have ripped a DVD onto my hard drive which plays from there but won't burn onto a DVD).
Any suggestions gratefully received, as I need to return either the recorder, or the media.

tenplus1 10:46 23 Nov 2003

Goto this link and follow the manufacturer/model links below... This will let you download the latest firmware for your dvd burner...

click here <-- here

Rogerfredo 11:30 23 Nov 2003

Thanks for the info. I have flashed the new firmware, now 1.08, but still get the message illegal media.
I may have to try some other discs (more expensive ones).

Rayuk 14:04 23 Nov 2003

May help
click here

Try using dvds with Ritek G04 dye on them seem to be one of the best.Or buy a sample pack from different online sellers
click here
click here
for 2 examples

bretsky 11:12 24 Nov 2003

Updating any firmware is a risky business-get it wrong and you end up with a useless bit of hardware not to mention you guarantee, speak to your supplier and NEC first!!!!!!!!!!!!good luck.
bretsky;>)

Rogerfredo 17:51 24 Nov 2003

I bought some new Media (Memorex) and they worked first time.
So I will be returning the others.
Thanks for all replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017