DVD Reader Program

[email protected]© 19:07 08 Feb 2010

I have done some home DVDs for a friend but he says they are freezing on his DVD player. Is there a free program that will read the disc and see if it is actually faulty or if its his DVD player. I know you will say try it in another DVD player but I don't want to sit through it all!!

MAT ALAN 19:27 08 Feb 2010

You might have to as a process of ellimination.
It may also be down to the file format you have burnt the discs to and what your friends player can read visa vis a compatability issue...

MAT ALAN 19:29 08 Feb 2010

forgot to ask is your friend trying to play them on their PC or a standalone player...

[email protected]© 20:40 08 Feb 2010

It is a normal stand-alone DVD player.

Technotiger 20:45 08 Feb 2010

The DVD needs to be finalized on the PC or Recording Medium before it will play on a stand-alone DVD player.

BRYNIT 20:50 08 Feb 2010

Are you using DVD+R disks.
At one time some of the older DVD player had problems with DVD+R disk but would work with DVD-R disks.

MAT ALAN 20:51 08 Feb 2010

could be as Technotiger says,could be the make of disc (standalone stuff can be more than fussy about the type of media its trying to read), could be its not compat with the file type, could be what you have burnt is corrupt.

thats a lot of "could be's"

[email protected]© 06:45 09 Feb 2010

So apart from all the could bes etc what about answering the question!!! Is there a program!! lol thanks.

User-312386 07:56 09 Feb 2010

You need a good non bloated burner programme click here for imgburner

Technotiger 08:29 09 Feb 2010

The answer to the question is ... No!

eedcam 08:32 09 Feb 2010

Assuming all the Might be's are covered and your dvd is showing as a Video_ts folder when you explore it .Then Img burn as said will read it and throw up any errors on it it might even correct some of the errors in which case you could burn again .Use a low speed say X4 and before all that have agood look at the disc might just need a good clean

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?