DVD Re-Writer

stephenson51 12:53 26 May 2004

I am trying to copy from a dvd onto dvd-wr for first time - it only seems to default to copying for the minimum 60 mins but the dvd-wr disc I have staes various lengths of recording time upto 4 hours - anyone can plsae tell me how I go about this as the PC manual gives no help

I realise this is probably basis stuff for you lot out there but i am still learning basics

Regards
David

Bren.ie 15:15 26 May 2004

David,

What kind of DVD is it you are trying to copy and to what format are you trying to copy to?

stephenson51 09:39 27 May 2004

Bren,

Only just seen your response tday - I am just trying copy Lord of the Rings DVD to another dvd

Is this possible

(You have to realise I am very much a novice at this burning game

Regrads
Dav id

TomJerry 09:44 27 May 2004

You cannot copy it using normal copying method, some softwares can do this, but they are all illegal in most countries.

Bren.ie 10:37 27 May 2004

David

PC Advisor reviewed DVD / Movie software in its December 2003 issue. It mentions DVD X Copy as one softwaqre programme that can back up movies (Although this is illegal in the UK)

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:21 27 May 2004

Your Lord of the rings is on a DVD9 disk and your blank is probably a DVD5 disk. If you want to copy a film (theoretically,as it is not legal and nobody ever does it!) a programme caller DVD shrink would override the copywrite and shrink the file to fit on a DVD5 disc, it would then let you burn it, so I am told!! Why are you using a RW disk, much better to burn to DVD-R then you can play your theoretical disk in almost all types of player.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:25 27 May 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?