DVD-RAM Drive, Graphics Card

podlod 08:10 03 Mar 2009

Hi, two questions really, i want to know how to replace my old nvidia graphics ( increasing graphics to 8600 )card in my PC, and on completion, does the PC carry out the configuration by itself, or do I have to carry out this process?
I think I need to replace my DVD-RAM, and I ask the same question as the replacement of my graphics card.
Thanks for any help.

Diodorus Siculus 08:17 03 Mar 2009

The card may need updated drivers freely available. It will depend on the manufacturer of the card. Just be sure that your machine has the capability of running the new card - ie the correct power supply etc. If you give details of the machine, someone will be able to advise.

As for the DVD drive, no problem - swap it without worries.

podlod 10:10 03 Mar 2009

Hi Dio, Sorry I may not have explained myself fully about my problem, I want to upgrade my graphics card from 7600 to 8600 which will make my new game work to its full potential, which means removing the graphics card inside my pc.

Marko797 10:20 03 Mar 2009

it's a simple task of taking out the old, and inserting the new. Diodorus is right to point out that u need to ensure ur psu is up to the requirements of the new card. Once installed, ur pc should sense a change in hardware automatically. As DS says, u will then need to ensure the correct drivers are installed for the new card.

gazzaho 16:38 03 Mar 2009

These might help

Step by step guide for upgrading your graphics card click here

How to install an optical drive click here

podlod 10:53 04 Mar 2009

Hi, thanks a lot, I will let you know how I get on, wish me luck????

Diodorus Siculus 11:06 04 Mar 2009

Good luck :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?