dvd ram

maccster 00:22 30 Dec 2004

does anybody know of any 14 or 15" tv/dvd combo's that will play dvd rams.

SEASHANTY 00:39 30 Dec 2004

Not aware of any. You could purchase one of the latest Panasonic DVD players which support DVD-RAM
discs and use that with a TV set
click here
click here

maccster 01:12 30 Dec 2004

i have a panny downstairs but sometimes want to watch what ive recorded upstairs on portable. some times dvd players will play formats that it doesnt mention.

SEASHANTY 19:49 30 Dec 2004

Yes agree - but not the cheap ones incorporated into combi portable TV's with a dvd player.

maccster 23:28 30 Dec 2004

do you think then that the only option is to buy a separate dvd player and tv?

TomJerry 23:46 30 Dec 2004

very very very few dvd player support DVD-RAM

SEASHANTY 08:38 31 Dec 2004

Yes I do think the best option is a separate player and TV. Last time I checked the Panasonic S75 at Comet it was about £75. Considering that price you could get a DMRE55 recorder for around a £100 more.
You say that you already have a Panasonic recorder
downstairs - maybe another one upstairs? I have the DMRE85 and the DMRE60 and also a JVC dvd recorder.
All support DVD-RAM. Not exactly sure if Toshiba or Hitachi also support DVD-RAM in their recorders.

Catastrophe 10:01 31 Dec 2004

SEASHANTY

maccster said: "i have a panny downstairs but sometimes want to *watch* what ive recorded upstairs on portable. some times dvd players will play formats that it doesnt mention."

Surely a £25 play back is the answer?

rotormota 10:19 31 Dec 2004

I am a DVD RAM convert & there is a growing proportion of manufacturers supporting this format. RAM discs are multi-edit similar to a hard disk & far more flexible than + or -.

I have a Panasonic VHS/DVD recorder which is superb.

In addition I have a unboxed, sealed Panasonic DVD-S27 DVD player for sale (DVDRAM, DVD-R, WMA, MP3, JPEG, HIGH MAT compatible) if you are interested maccster?

Cheers.

maccster 11:33 31 Dec 2004

how much would that cost my friend?

maccster 11:34 31 Dec 2004

also what is a £25 play back that is mentioned?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?