DVD-R RW Problem

2drewej 19:56 22 Apr 2005

when i try to delete a file on a dvdr-rw it says its read only , nomatter what type of file it is , is there a setting i need to change (perhaps to my cd burner ??????

(ive tried disabaling read only on the folders but it says its not allowed ? )

ACOLYTE 20:14 22 Apr 2005

When you copy files to cd/dvd it makes them read only so i think the only way to remove them is to format the whole disc.

2drewej 20:39 22 Apr 2005

how do you format it ?

krazi kid 20:49 22 Apr 2005

im using a dvd rw and wondering if it is possible to burn mp3's to it, i try to use windows media player and it doesnt read the dvd-rw, am i using the rong burning software or do i need to do something to the dvd, please help!

ACOLYTE 11:11 23 Apr 2005

What software are you using to burn the files? this should have the option to format the cd/dvd-rw disc.

krazi kid,

I think you can copy mp3 files to a dvd-rw disc,but im not sure how to do it with media player as i dont use it.I wouldnt copy to a RW cd anyway,not if you wont to keep the files for a long time they are not as stable as a DVD-R disc.Also you may be limiting what you can play the disc back on by using a dvd maybe a cd-r would be better.

krazi kid 12:08 23 Apr 2005

i have been using cd-r for a while and found i have missed songs out or wanted to add more, i find they use up much quicker, i am still unable to copy music files to dvd-rw and im not that bothered to how stable they are, i was told i must format the dvd-rw first before i am able to burn to it, would you be farmiliar with this process?

thanks for the help.

ACOLYTE 12:16 23 Apr 2005

I am not sure about DVD-RW discs i have never used one,but i have used CD/RW and i have never had to format them before i copied to them,but to format a CD/RW disc you open your copy software and select the drive the disc is in and select format.

krazi kid 14:03 23 Apr 2005

thanks ACOLYTE, i will be sure to use a cd from now on, it seems that the dvd rw is way to difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?