DVD -R and DVD -RW

Liza 02:46 05 Aug 2007

I have edited a video and rendered but I cannot burn it to disk. I offered my DVD -R to record on but the video did not burn but was placed in the library. I put the disk in the dvd recorder and and tv accepted. I called on Maplin and asked an assistant to help me find the right DVD -R he showed me which package to buy a TDK DVD -R colour disc 4.7gb but the same problem occurred. I read somewhere that one has to watch for DVD and CD - and + Rs, RWs, -Ram etc and I did but got no joy. How does one know when these very DVDs or CDs which say very clearly on the box data, backup, photo, video, tv recording but fail to work for pc's well not mine i.e. DVD -RW and +Ram and Ram. Please help. Liza

Have you updated the firmware on your DVDRW? Please provide the make and model of your DVDRW.

eedcam 09:54 05 Aug 2007

What software are you editing with prior to burning and are you using the same software to burn with .Usually you would have created either a disc image (Iso) or a Video_TS folder which did you create.

Liza 14:01 05 Aug 2007

[email protected]
No I have not updated the firmware. How do you do that please. The drive is MSI rewritable ultra speed DVD R/RW. This is stated on the drive itself. I do not have any paperwork like a manual.

eedcam
Ulead VideoStudio 10 to edit and burn and normally this creates Video TS folder using the LG Ram drive. The disk hence will not work on any other drive and would not be good for use in canada. The video is ntsc.

Thanks
Liza

eedcam 14:21 05 Aug 2007

Sorry Liza missed that you mean you are trying to burn to Ram? if so fraid only use that on my recorder. Most writers will write - or + R .If youginve the make and model as [email protected] asked we might be able to suss it out

Liza 15:33 05 Aug 2007

Hi eedcam

I have 2 drives.

One is an MSI DVD R/RW drive. I bought this in 2001. It did not come with any manual. Probably its too old for these days software so I will buy a new one.

The other drive is a LG Super Multi DVD Drive bought in 2005. Model GSA-4163B. It does not do as shown on the manual CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, +RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+R Double layer. For instance if I insert a DVD-RW or DVD-R disk it ejects the disk. It does do DVD+RW and DVD+R so when I burnt a disk on NTSC format and sent to canada my sister was unable to read it.

Liza

eedcam 22:36 05 Aug 2007

Hi Liza
Have A look at this click here
Though cant understand why it should eject .As for not reading on your sisters that could be your sisters wont play +r's a work around if thats the case is to set it as a cd rom dont know how you do it in ulead but if you were to download Imgburn a freeebie and copy the disc with that it would do it .Neither my erecorder or player can use +R,s but they will play them when burnt with imgburn

eedcam 22:39 05 Aug 2007

Hi Liza
Have A look at this click here
Though cant understand why it should eject .As for not reading on your sisters that could be your sisters wont play +r's a work around if thats the case is to set it as a cd rom dont know how you do it in ulead but if you were to download Imgburn a freeebie and copy the disc with that it would do it .Neither my recorder or player can use +R,s but they will play them when burnt with imgburn click here

Liza 13:34 06 Aug 2007

Sorry, I have not read your last mail as yet. But thought I would give you some info. Regarding the MSI CD RW drive I found the driver no. It is
DR8-A (8X +R 4X -R dual forward DVD writer Menu code 8408A - driver updated 14/8/05). Does this mean anything to you? Doesn't to me.

Regarding LG model GSA-4163B I downloaded a firmware which effectively murdered my drive. First of all it changed my drive letter from G: to F: and now I cannot go back to any disks it had done before +R and +RW nor -R and -RW it could not do before. It can do CD R and RW.

Help, Liza

eedcam 18:30 06 Aug 2007

Just looked up the msi writer and that should burn ok + or - R's. As for the LG you can change the letter F back to G but that may not be the problem . Could youdownload a dvd burner software called imgburn Its free click here If you do it can tell you what discs +/-/rw/ that your writer will use. By going tools>drive>capabilities all the formats your
drive can burn will be ticked. Yoiu can check both drives

Liza 19:54 06 Aug 2007

Hi eedcam

Thank you. I followed your advice about LG model GSA-4163B and downloaded the new driver. Before installing I was asked to disconnect any slave so I disconnected MSI drive. It took a long time to install. Anyway it finally installed as F:

Thanks for imgburn, sounds very interesting. I have downloaded it. I will reconnect MSI and hope with imgburn everything will be all right.

Meanwhile thanks very much for your help.

Liza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?