DVD players and playback formats

jack 12:22 03 May 2005

This went to speaker C - the wrong place perhaps
----------------------------------

I have been making a family history file from
transparancies of the family of a friend, and from that a slide show.

However having made a CD-R from the slide show maker and test played it on my DVD player,only to discover it will not run on his. I switched slide shows OK on mine, not on his. I gave him a disc I had made from my own photos. Worked fine. His hand book relating to his Bush player lists the same disc Types as on my Phillips. And I have found that His player will run a disk of JPEG,s only, with its own slide show.

So what I am trying to discover, is there a way discovering what a particular player will run withough adding to the coaster mountain?

pauldonovan 12:48 03 May 2005

click here

I assume your slideshow is in VCD format ?

If you search for various players on there it will tell you if they support VCD.

You might be better off getting a multi format DVD writer as you are asking dvd players to support CDs whereas if you write the correct DVD format (I think DVD-R is most popular but I could be wrong) then you may stand a better chance.

SEASHANTY 13:38 03 May 2005

Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 will make a slideshow on
Super-VideoCD creating MPEG2 files. My original scanned in photo's are in .tif format. Roxio has used the thumnails of these 229 pics to create a
MPEG2 SVCD of 668MB. These SVCD's I have made will
play on three different DVD players owned by family members. Unfortunately - due to the large file I cannot get any audio background music on to the slideshow. Given that the total 80 min CDR has a limit of 700MB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?