DVD Player will not play jpegs

rawprawn 10:48 12 Aug 2005

Sorry not really computer but I have bought a new DVD player (Linked to TV) It plays DVD's and it will play music copied to a CD from my computer, but it will not play jpegs copied from my computer to either CD, CDRW or DVD RW. If I put the CDRW in with jpegs on it, it makes an awful vibrating noise, and the others it just says disc error. The machine is equipped to play jpegs as a slide show or in singles.
I have been in touch with the suppliers and they are trying to help. Meantime, any ideas.

Eric10 12:53 12 Aug 2005

I'm not sure about this as it is something I have never done but my version of Nero (6.6.0.14) seems to want me to record pictures in VCD or SVCD format. Have you tried that?

rawprawn 13:39 12 Aug 2005

Thanks for the reply, no I haven't seen that. I recorded the music from Media Player and Dragged and dropped the jpegs, so I didn't have that option.

rawprawn 15:40 12 Aug 2005

OK, if I use Nero To make slide show... which do I choose DVD?

rawprawn 15:41 12 Aug 2005

Also will it make any difference if I copy to a DVDRW or a CDRW ?

rawprawn 15:53 12 Aug 2005

Thanks for your help, I will try it this evening and let you know how I get on.

Stuartli 16:00 12 Aug 2005

I use NeroBurningRom to create CD-R slideshows from .jpegs (using multisession allows the CD-R to be used until it is full).]

Most recent DVD players (my Kiss model is nearly three years old) will play such disks without problems.

Don't use CD-RW disks - their reflectivity level is very much lower than that of CD-Rs and many drives, whether home or computer type, often have problems reading them.

rawprawn 16:10 12 Aug 2005

Thanks for the tip

rawprawn 17:02 12 Aug 2005

Problem solved!!

Hi rawprawn, was it Stuarli's problem solving that did the trick, or a mixture of answers?. I am interested as I am learning about the intracacies of burning, if that's the correct name for the process. Regards esso.

rawprawn 08:00 13 Aug 2005

A mixture of boyh answers really, the outcome is that you cannot simply drag and drop jpegs on to a disc as you would if your were simply saving them for your computer. I used Nero as suugested and it workek fine. I had no idea until yesterday, as this is the first time we have owned a DVD (For the TV) We really bought it so that our grandaughters can watch their DVD's on it.Anyway if you follow advice from both Stuartli
and crx1600 you will not go far wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?