dvd player to tv with built freeview

si07 11:38 22 Jun 2007

I wonder if someone can help, i have a samsung tv with built in freeview and a ellion dvr 950s recorder, but, i can't seem to get the digital channels through the dvd, thus i can't record, and the annologue channels i do pickup are really of a poor quality, is there something i can do, as its just a nice glossy box under my tv a the moment and its about to go through the window soon

thanks

Stuartli 12:05 22 Jun 2007

You should be able to feed the TV aerial signal through the DVD recorder first and then use a second coaxial connection lead from the recorder to serve the TV.

However, the specifications state you use a coaxial FROM the TV to record up to "DVD" quality.

click here

si07 12:13 22 Jun 2007

sorry i'm a complete techno novice, can it be broken down into steps.

Stuartli 12:48 22 Jun 2007

Your DVD recorder is supposed to have a built-in tuner, so you would take the TV aerial feed to the recorder first and use a second coaxial cable to serve the TV (as I suggested above).

It's on exactly the same lines as you would set up a VCR and enables you to record one Freeview programme whilst watching another on the TV.

oldbeefer2 14:28 22 Jun 2007

Stuartli - I don't think that recorder has it's own Freeview tuner, analoque only?

Stuartli 14:33 22 Jun 2007

Judging by the website's specifications you are correct:

click here

Stuartli 14:37 22 Jun 2007

It would also appear that you won't be able to watch one programme on the TV and record another Freeview programme on the DVD recorder (unless it's one of the few analogue offerings).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?