dvd player

birkdalite 09:57 30 Dec 2003

This may not be the correct place for this posting if not please forgive. I was given a dvd player for xmas to go with my tv,sky and video. I do not have a clue how to set the four things in unison. Can some kind person point me to a site where the wiring ( scart) is explained in simple terms.Thanks

©®@$? 10:06 30 Dec 2003

why don't you buy a scart splitter so you can have them all connected to the tv at once

5 in 1 scart £20 click here

or you can also get a 3 in 1 scart for less money from argos also

Ben Avery 10:13 30 Dec 2003

It would help if we knew how many scart sockets your TV had, also any additional inputs like Phono/RCA (which are usually small round connections coloured 1 Red, 1 White & 1 Yellow), S-Video (a small round black connection with several pins) etc.

Then let us know what the DVD/VCR/Satallite boxes connections are.

My usual guess is that you will have 2 scart sockets on your TV (use these for DVD & Satallite) and a set of Phono/RCA sockets (use these to plug in the VCR).

The TV aerial (if you use one) plugs from the wall socket, into the VCR, then from the VCR to the TV aerial socket.

Then you have the fun of tuning! ;o)

BA

birkdalite 10:31 30 Dec 2003

A speedy relief, thanks gents I will keep you posted,if the men in white coats don't come for me beforehand

Ben Avery 10:35 30 Dec 2003

Summit like this in fact (a quick MS paint diagram!)

click here

BA

birkdalite 14:03 30 Dec 2003

Thanks for taking so much trouble Ben
Happy new year!
Roy

Jester2K 14:20 30 Dec 2003

I have a simalar set up.

My DVD player goes into Scart 1 on the TV.

My Telewest Digital TV box goes into the back of the "Video In" via a Scart lead and another Scart lead goes from the "Video Out" to Scart 2 on the TV. This is so i can tape from the TV.

I also have a phono - phono (red and white plugs) lead going from the back of the TV to the phono IN on the DVD player so whatever i am watching can be played through the DVD player and "up mixed" to come out of the 5.1 surround speakers on the AUX channel....

MTV in pseudo 5.1, movies on BBC1 etc in pseudo 5.1 and even video tapes in pseudo 5.1.... Sounds much better than stereo from the TV....

SEASHANTY 16:53 30 Dec 2003

Try the What Video website here

click here

Ben Avery 16:54 30 Dec 2003

You never fail to amaze! ;o)

BA

SEASHANTY 17:05 30 Dec 2003

The above link with What Video gives an amazing number of illustrated connections but scart leads
also come as fully wired to all 21 pins and part wired to just 9 pins. To obtain full use you need fully wired scart leads. Some more info on scart leads click here

SEASHANTY 20:28 30 Dec 2003

A few more scart switch boxes click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?