DVD photo disk problem

Totally-braindead 12:51 29 Oct 2005

I have successfully backed up photos in the past using Nero, created a multisession CD and played it back on my home DVD player linked to a TV. I have been trying to do the same with a DVD but unless I finalise the DVD you can't see the images using a standalone DVD player.

Now obviously I don't want to finalise the DVD until theres a lot on it so this isn't much use. I presume that standalone DVD players can't read unfinalised DVDs (I've tried 3 different makes) but it does puzzle me that it can read unfinalised multisession CDs. Is there a solution to this or does anyone know of a workaround?

€dstowe 13:49 29 Oct 2005

Not an answer but, I'd be very wary of investing so many pictures to a DVD.

Just work out yourself how many of your pictures you can get on a 4.7GB disk. Then imagine your disappointment when the disk fails for some reason or another. DVDs are much more delicate than CDs.

jack 15:20 29 Oct 2005

Taking on board €dstowes advice and assuming your copying the images - ie the masters are safely elsewhere.
Then it rather dependson exactly what is going onto the DVD. if it is simply images I would imaging the disc could be left 'open'
Whereas certain slide shows programs wont work unless closed- indeed some dont give you the option.
Also I have discoveredwher I wanted basic images in the root of the disc in addition to the slide show -
This is not allowed either the slide show will only burn and close a virgin disc.
So it seems that disk type, burn image types are very particular.

Bagsey 18:13 29 Oct 2005

Having had your problem I tried DVDPixplay and have no trouble since

Totally-braindead 20:16 29 Oct 2005

Thanks for that guys, I'll leave this open and see if anyone has a work-around for this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?