DVD Nero DVD Shrink Video TS - please help!

eddiejackr 09:33 10 Mar 2006

I copied an analogue video from VCR to DVD simply using my TV and a combi VCR/DVD player - it was easy and the quality is good.

I want to copy the DVD for backup and to send to friends - so that the copies will play on any ordinary TV DVD players.

Looking at other threads on this site I downloaded DVD Shrink and Nero. Then the fun starts.....

1. DVD Shrink will not open the disk - just tells me "no disk is in the drive" Nor will it open the info from imported video in the NeroVision Folder thro the Open File option - tells me "the system cannot find the file specified" - but it is there because I can explore it. So why does this happen and how do I reduce the size of the disc?

2.If I select only some of the titles to reduce size, Nero the burns these to DVD no problem - (I used the Photo & Video - make your own DVD options and the imported video in the nerovision file.) I can then explore the burnt disc and find all the titles are there (12 of them) in a VIDEO_TS folder. In this folder ther are 3 types of file - VTS backup of IFO; VTS DVD Movie info; VTS DVD Movie. The titles WILL play in Nero showtime BUT BUT BUT

When I put the burnt disc in my TV DVD player there are only 4 titles out of twelve and one is a shadow of another so effectively only three are there. What has gone wrong????

(If I go into W Explorer I can see all 20 titles in nerovision folder and on the disc itself - but if I go My Computer / DVD player - again, the disc is " not recognised"...)

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:02 10 Mar 2006

If you don't need to edit it just do a "Copy disk" in Nero (if Nero will recognise it - I have never done this) and it should give you a clone. The other thread was involved with trying to unravel the contents for editing purposes.

eddiejackr 11:53 10 Mar 2006

I don't need to edit.
Copy doesn't work - it behaves as if there's no disc in the drive or says reading aborted after a short time.

User-312386 12:00 10 Mar 2006

you need to make a VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS folder

then put all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder

Make sure the AUDIO_TS folder is empty

eddiejackr 12:35 10 Mar 2006

do you mean just create new folders in the usual way and give them those names, then drag everything into them? Where should I create them and where do I take the files from. Sorry, but I'm not sure I've understood......can you explain more fully .THANKS

John B 12:41 10 Mar 2006

Just wondered if you finalised the dvd on your dvd-video combo before putting the disk in your pc?

eddiejackr 13:05 10 Mar 2006

yes, it was finalised

User-312386 13:29 10 Mar 2006

Open up Nero express

Click on Make dvd video files, click add and then find the 2 folders, just add both the folders

Now click next and then burn

eddiejackr 14:38 10 Mar 2006

Nero won't let me add a folder so I have addedd the title files from the DVD and am trying again - but this is exactly what I did in the first place so I'm not holding my breath for it to work on my tv dvd player any more than last time.

Would be grateful for more info re the two folders as I can't understand what is meant.

eddiejackr 14:56 10 Mar 2006

Didn't work - did exactly as described in my first posting - only four titles out of twelve available on DVD player and one is a duplicate of the first title. It's not titles 1,2,3,4 etc either - it's like 1,4,11,1duplicate.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:19 10 Mar 2006

I don't know if DVD decrypter will rip your DVD but worth a try:
download here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017