DVD & Movie Making Advice

Bread & Dripping 04:13 26 Mar 2003

Complete novice would appreciate advice. I am running XP and have a Sony Dig Camcorder / Nikon Coolpix. I would like to start creating my own DVDs using video, still and audio. Can anyone recommend a standalone DVD read/writer? Is the XP movie maker s/w good enough? What else will I need to combine the video, still and audio files?

Thanks ....

€dstow 06:50 26 Mar 2003

Do you really want a stand-alone? These are not usually designed for film editing/manipulation, more for straight recording of your favourite TV programs to a DVD with no adjustments.

For editing and mixed media (movies and slides) you ought to be looking at a writer to go in your computer together with the associated software to carry out the required editing. This software is normally supplied with the writer.

I would suggest that you check the capabilities of the available models of standalone recorders and make certain they will do what you want them to before parting with any money.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?