Dvd to Ipod question

sunshine65 14:09 28 Nov 2008

I would like to download a couple of dvds to my Ipod player, (for my own use of course), but they appear to be the wrong format, can you advise me how to get round this ?
Many thanks.

sunshine65 14:11 28 Nov 2008

Sorry, just found a forum by another member, will look st that. Thanks

sunshine65 09:04 29 Nov 2008

Looked at the other forum, the member was looking for a free downlaod program , I don't mind buying a program as long as it is not too expensive. CHeers

steve0 09:47 29 Nov 2008

I use Daniusoft Digital Media Converter. It is a commercial program that will convert huge range of different formats. Also removed drm from dvds, mp3s and bbc iplayer files. Worth every penny of the $35 price.

hope this helps

sunshine65 18:23 29 Nov 2008

Thanks for that, us it easy for a novice like me ?

steve0 09:37 30 Nov 2008

Just looking at my post again - think I gave wrong program. Daniusoft is used to remove drm from mp3 and bbc iplayer files. To convert commercial DVD movies I use two programs. First one is DVDFab Platinum. This copies the DVD and removes the copy protection from it. - very easy to use

The I use a free program called videora i-pod convertor, to convert this into ipod mp4 format. This program is also very easy to use. Also use it for converting U-tube video clips into Ipod mp4 movies. There are specific versions for different ipods - I have the ipod classic version. Take a look at this link click here
Hope this helps. Getting a touch for Christmas so will be putting a few DVDs on it.

sunshine65 14:09 30 Nov 2008

Thanks steveO, I will look into them. I have the second generation Ipod Touch and it's excellent for music and film downloads, though I have not managed to get the internet on it, try as I may and it was the main reason for buying it. Watch the prices as Argos had the first generation 16gb at almost half price (and I had just bought mine there, an 8gb for more) The only difference between 1st & 2nd is the 2nd has a built in speaker...hopeless.
Cheers.

AL47 14:13 30 Nov 2008

i use avex dvd to iphone for mine,

it is a pay for one tho, but its quick, takes 20 mins from putting in dvd to it being in itunes

its the only pay for one that was worth it

sunshine65 13:49 07 Dec 2008

Thank you for your replies. I am still looking and considering. Has anyone tried Cucusoft program, I can download it from RegNow, but I am unsure about how safe it is to do do from Regnow. Has anyone usd them ?

sunshine65 13:40 17 Dec 2008

I've just found your reply. Earlier I tried to download free trial software and AVG picked up a Trojan , I tried again twice and again the Trojan was picked up, so I decided to purchase a program from PCWorld (Roxio) rather than chance a virus again. I have yet to install it, but I hadn't followed playerboy's instructions.
Many thanks,merry christmas all !.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017