DVD interface instruction

Mr Beaujangles 02:07 30 May 2009

Hi folks, been a whils since I last posted. I've bought the latest edition of PC advisor and I have been trying to load up Advanced WindowsCare Pro 2.9 from the free DVD. I've got the whole thing loaded okay but in the amgazine the instructions state: "online registration required, copy and paste the licence code from the DVD interface".

All very well but I do not understand what it means by the DVD interface. Thes edisks used to have a front page from which you could select what programmes you wanted adn they had the license numbers there as well. Hopefully one of you will be able to help.

Regards

Pushkin :-)

johndrew 10:34 30 May 2009

If you put the PCA DVD in your drive and open it (Explore) then click on the Adobe Reader icon, Adobe will open with the content of the disk. Scroll down to the Advanced Windows Care Pro page and the licence code is there.

If you update it will all become invalid as AWC will be overwritten with a later version not covered by the licence.

Mr Beaujangles 12:48 30 May 2009

Johndrew - thanks mate. Just been reading the cover for the DVD and what do you know? Right at the bottom on the back of it there are instructions doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks anyway.

Mr B

kcstar98 00:02 12 Jun 2009

Hi,

I've the similar problem and need help. I also bought the Aug 09 Issue 169 and try to get the licence code for Advanced Windows Care Pro but I could not found any pdf file at all. Would some one tell me what the code is please.

Many thanks.

KC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?