DVD flickering problem

Eileanbeag 12:56 22 Aug 2007

I have created a DVD using DVD lab which plays OK on the computer but when transferred to DVD player and full size screen there is constant flickering - any idea how I might get round this problem?

eedcam 13:03 22 Aug 2007

Hi Did you record at the highest bit rate or did you try to squash too much on a dvd .Thats just a couple of probables.What was the original footage sourced form any info will help to try and suss out the cause

Eileanbeag 13:11 22 Aug 2007

I am just learning!! Recorded direct from DVD lab and there's about five minutes worth of recording - the files were mpeg2 files - where do I find bit rate?

eedcam 18:40 22 Aug 2007

If only 5 minutes doubt if it is to do with the bitrate . Somewhere in lab when you tell it to burn there may be a choice of say fit to disc or what quality and so on.Not familiar with Dvd lab where did you get the file to record ie from a camera .TV etc.,. Did you also create a folder or anDisc image of the file you burned. Dont worry if you 're not sure of the terms .We all got tolearn I'm not familiar with DVD lab so hopefully someone who is will jump in .Till then Afraid you're stuck with me

eedcam 18:49 22 Aug 2007

You might look here there is a tutorial click here

Eileanbeag 17:15 23 Aug 2007

Sorry I've been out today - No I didn't creat folder or disc image - what does that do?

eedcam 18:02 23 Aug 2007

No Prob.Often some software willgive the choice of just burning your project or Creating ahard disc image which is just what it says You can then burn that later with any burner you have ,.Dont worry about that at the moment.Can you just explain where you got the footage that you burnt from and we can go from there.

Eileanbeag 18:10 23 Aug 2007

Footage came from camcorder and was edited in Adobe Premier and saved as an mpeg2

eedcam 19:26 23 Aug 2007

Great Premiere or Premiere elements I use both though burn with elements. Where did the dvd lab bit come in you could have done it all in Premiere and is the camcorder a mini -dv.

Eileanbeag 01:01 24 Aug 2007

dvd lab was used as I got to design the menu myself - I used camcorder

eedcam 09:24 24 Aug 2007

Ok Adobe has quite a few menus and you can design.But thats irrevelant what was the quality like in adobe when you played it back in the dvd preview window was it flickering then.Just trying to establish at what stage it may have gone wrong. ie Adobe or dvd lab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?