DVD Emailing

Emarts 10:37 19 Apr 2003

I would like to send some short "snippets" from a family dvd, to a member of family abroad, by email. I know somebody will have the answer....please can I have it? - preferably in easy terms!!

rubella 11:31 19 Apr 2003

i doubt if you would be able to send much through the mail due to size constraints.

an alternative would be to upload chunks to something like a yahoo briefcase, and e-mail the username and password to it to allow access for download from the other end.

rosblot 13:42 19 Apr 2003

Consider writting a CD or a video tape form your camera tape and send by snail mail. You wont suffer much in the way of constraints that way.

If you really want to use email then I would suggest you use Apple Quicktime its as good as anything and you can pick it up free if you haven't already got it, so can your recipient.

Bagsey 15:18 19 Apr 2003

You could try using Movie Maker which is part of XP. But your video will need to be short
( 15secs or so )if you are using a dial up email system. Broadband largely removes a lot of the constraints. There is an upgrade top version 2 of Movie Maker but this will not be much use for this kind of video as file size is the bad guy. The people at the oth end can view your epic either by a version of Moviemaker or Windows Media Player. Try this for the upgrade.
click here

Bagsey 15:30 19 Apr 2003

Following on from my previous posting,
I have just found a video which will give you some idea of the file size problem. The video runs for 1min 12secs and the file size is 920Kbs.

Emarts 16:44 19 Apr 2003

Rosblot - you know what? your right. Snail mail it is !!
Thanks to the others for their time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017