dvd+ dvd-

aceguy 21:57 08 Dec 2004

what is the difference between - and + with dvd writers? i used to have a - but now have a + .i am going to upgrade to a faster writer soon and cant see any diference? just wondering.

aceguy 22:14 08 Dec 2004

CHEERS MATE! NOT MUCH DIFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO! THINK I WILL BE GETTING A COMBO DRIVE THAT RECORDS THE 8 GIG - THEY ARE CHEAP ENOUGH NOW.

Smegs 01:25 09 Dec 2004

You will only be able to write 8ghz, if the Disk is dual layer, as I understand it.

ste_bla 02:30 09 Dec 2004

Indeed there is little difference between the - & + standards however the 8 gb discs are dual layer which means you need dual layer writer such as a NEC 3500a. These writers are normally around £40-45 (probabily a lot more at PCW)

HOWEVER dual layer discs are very hard to ge hold of, at the moment there are only 2 manufactors of them (some companys rebrand..) they are in short supply. They are expensive compared to the 4.7gb disc (£/GB). Also i found out a lot of DVD players (tv ones) will have problems 1/2 of my DVD plays wouldnt play them (PS2 : NO, XBox : NO, Lappy : Yes, Standalone : No?!)

But you should go for DL anyway so in the future it is there if you need it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?