DVD drive not showing up

Jayne doe 19:24 20 Oct 2005

Hi Guys
I have just fitted a new dvd rom drive and a new DVD re-writer drive. Both were bought at computer fair both are Lite-on. I took the side off the case removed the existing cd drive and cd burner and fitted the new ones. Now when I reboot they both show up on the boot screen but in windows XP they dont show up at all in explorer or my computer so I cant play a DVD or anything. I have taken them out 8 times now refitted made sure cables are in and still nothing. What am I doing wrong please? Win XP 1 gig ram. 22000 AMD processor. Jayne

VoG II 19:41 20 Oct 2005
  Jayne doe 20:44 20 Oct 2005

Thanks VoG but no go. I D/L it and ran it. Now Ive lost em altogether. Even the bios dont show them now? Just says cant detect drive.??? Im puzzled now.

Jayne doe 21:16 20 Oct 2005

Hi VoG it works now. I took them out last time and went thru instructions with a fine tooth comb. Both drives came set as Cable Select. The manual says to put the burner on black end of cable and DVD player on grey end in middle. I did this but I didnt change the little clips to be master and slave as it says. I thought all devices were cable select now so I left them as that. Silly me I know. You guys probably all know that.
Thanks again. Jayne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?