dvd drive not detected in windows xp or bios

lynndy-lou 11:25 05 Feb 2010

Pentium 4 2.8ghz 1 gig ram.
Purchased this tower from ebay, turned it on to find the dvd drive is not showing in my computer.
checked in device manager and not there.
So I checked in the bios not detected. Checked all the connections nothing happening.
Had a look on the techy forums and the general conclusion was a dead dvd drive.
so purchased the lg dvd drive and all that happened when I installed it was raid controller appeared in device manager under other devices with a yellow question mark.
I have no idea what this is or if it has anything to do with the dvd drive.The drive is LG GH22NS50 Black Dual Layer DVD?RW Writer Please help!!!!

OTT_B 12:24 05 Feb 2010

Try a different cable, plugged into a different port on the motherbaord.
Also check that the jumpers don't need setting (unusual if they did on a SATA drive, but no unheard of).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:26 05 Feb 2010

You may need to enable the SATA controllers in the BIOS

In almost all computer BIOS on motherboards that have SATA controllers, you can run SATA controllers, and SATA drives connected to them, in at least two if not three modes - IDE mode (emulates IDE), AHCI mode (a.k.a. SATA mode), and sometimes RAID mode (SATA mode with RAID capability).

It looks as if XP as detected it in RAid mode and you need to load the correct driver, in device manager, right click the drive select properties and tell us the error code (10?).

lynndy-lou 12:35 05 Feb 2010

Hi the error code is 28.
I dont have any other cables to try as all my other computers have different connections

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:26 05 Feb 2010

Code 28 means the driver is not installed you need to load the XP sata driver for your mother board.

Do you know the make and model of your motherboard?

lynndy-lou 15:25 05 Feb 2010

Hi the only obvious number is pt800dbp rev 1

bgrave 21:01 05 Feb 2010

I do not know if this will help but when I went up to Win 7 my CD/DVD was not visible any where unless there was a CD / DVD in the drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:37 05 Feb 2010

This one?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache