Dvd drive keeps opening.

jam500 06:34 31 Mar 2007

Hi, Im not sure why but at completly random times my dvd drive opens and closes by itself, Sometimes it doesnt close by itself and i have to do it, It is a Samsung 616t that came with the pc which is now 5 years old. Im running XP.
Thanks in advance

Greengage 09:22 31 Mar 2007

I've had a similar problem with a Samsung - when I open to insert disc, it closes before it has a chance to accept it almost as if the slight weight of the disc prompts it to do so. Also, when I press to open it does so but immediately closes and sometimes when it is actually open and I try to take a disc out it closes just as I get my fingers on the disc. I finally overcame this problem by pressing to open and keeping my finger on the open button - then I closed it by doing the same. It did not cure it straight away but doing this over a few days from time to time corrected it.

MichelleC 09:35 31 Mar 2007

A good blast with compressed air might do the trick.

jam500 10:58 31 Mar 2007

Funny i was looking at the compressed air only yesterday as the pc has collected alot of dust.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?