dvd disk back up

campal 11:04 30 Jul 2006

i backed up all my files to dvd disk before i had to reboot. Now when i try to acces them the disk opens up with my nero burning programme , i do not know how to send them to my hard drive

FelixTCat 11:14 30 Jul 2006

campal,

When Nero opens, close it again, go to My Computer, right-click on the DVD drive icon and click on Open. This will show all the files on your DVD and you can drag-drop them to wherever you wish.

Note that all the files will be tagged Read Only and you will have to untag them to edit them.

Regards,

Felix

campal 11:17 30 Jul 2006

How do i untag them?

campal 11:21 30 Jul 2006

I tried this but it did not work it still keeps opening up with nero i want to send my photos and other files to my hard drive again off of the disk

FelixTCat 12:18 30 Jul 2006

campal,

What didn't work? Are you saying that you can't view all the files on the DVD?

Jak_1 12:19 30 Jul 2006

Was the disk finalised?

campal 12:26 30 Jul 2006

i cannot access any files, finalise? , did not do that .

Jak_1 12:39 30 Jul 2006

Try accessing the disk via Nero and finalising then access via the drive. If you are using XP (home or prof) then an alternative for burning is to simply drag and drop, when you have finished if you try to open the drive to remove the disk windows will ask you if you want to finalise.

FelixTCat 15:10 30 Jul 2006

Isn't .udf the format of the disk used in packet writing? Nero contains a program called InCD which prepares a disk for use like a big floppy so that you can add files to it easily. If so, all the files should be visible in Explorer. If they are not, then the disk may be corrupt.

Try opening the DVD in InCD to see if you can recover the data. The guide to InCD can be found here: click here

Good luck,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?