DVD corrupted/not able to read

armstrongpiper 20:17 04 Mar 2009

I have been saving video clips of our Granddaughter's first year onto a DVD+RW disc. This has been OK until now, but, with the disc about half full, it is not now possible to get the PC or my DVD player to play the clips. The PC freezes up when I try to open/play via disc D in 'My Computer', and the DVD player says it 'Can't read the disc - do I want to format it', which I don't want to do and wipe what should still be there. Is there a way to recover the disc and play the clips? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neil B

MAJ 20:57 04 Mar 2009

Hi 1Glendale. Firstly, RW media, DVDRW or CDRW is not a good medium to save valuable files on, it's just not stable enough, use DVDR or CDR media if you want to store on CD/DVD-type media, or on an External Hard drive, or both.

Try the problem disks in another PC, they might be read better on that, if they are, back them up immediately.

eedcam 21:28 04 Mar 2009

Hi first have you cleaned the disc thoroughly .If so then you could try Iso buster Its not free but think the trial will let you extract the files if it can read them which it will try better than standard software
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone