DVD Copying/Playing

Newbolt 15:01 26 Mar 2008

For work/evidential purposes I need to video various activities which may be unlawful. Camera used is a Sony, recording to 8cm DVDs. We then copy the 8cm disk onto the office computer to make three standard size DVDs. Nero7 came bundled with the DVD drive installed on the computer. It appears it will still copy the disks, but the viewing facility is time expired - ie end of trial period of 30 days, so we can't view what has [hopefully] been copied. Windows media player won't play them. Clearly we need a DVD decoder[?] program - any thoughts as to an effective and preferably inexpensive one please? The need is for three finalised DVD-Rs which will play on other machines over which we have no control.

MAJ 15:04 26 Mar 2008

Try VLC. click here

Newbolt 15:22 26 Mar 2008

MAJ, thats brilliant - thank you - appears to work a treat. Didn't think there were any free programs of that type, from earlier posts.

MAJ 15:33 26 Mar 2008

No worries, Newbolt, glad it worked for you. An older version of PowerDVD will also do click here but I'm not sure if it's restricted or not as I've never used those.

Newbolt 15:49 26 Mar 2008

MAJ, PowerDVD was suggested by someone else, but the reviews were a bit off putting. Hopefully vlc will continue to do the business for us. Thanks again.

MAJ 15:53 26 Mar 2008

Happy to help, Newbolt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?