DVD Copying

Jimbo50 22:48 06 Feb 2007

I have a Sony DRX-700UL external DVD writer. I have Nero software and DVD Shrink 3.2 installed. The results so far of my copying are a bit of a hit and miss, I get duplicate scenes on playback of some DVD's and the screen frezzes on others or jumps scenes. Is there any foolproof(or close to) programme to use or good advice on how best to copy?

Totally-braindead 23:03 06 Feb 2007

I presume you are talking about copyright protected movies, if it is then this Forum are not meant to give advice on this because it is illegal to copy copyright material without the owners permission and subequently is against the Forum rules. Its the copy protection that causes these things.

baldtaco 23:18 06 Feb 2007

Jimbo50

You can backup your disks with this - click here

Zorgalite 00:34 07 Feb 2007

click here
I see no reason why one shouldnt back up dvd's especialy if, like us you have kids that like to scratch and damage discs (as they don't know any better, bless em) It might be breaking the rules slightly but I'd recomend this one to anyone.

LABMAN 14:54 07 Feb 2007

I'd love to be able to back up all DVD based discs wether they be film or games, my 13 year old got an X-box 360 for Christmas with Gears of War, this disc is now not playing at all with no realy noticeable damage to it......£40 for a new one now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?