dvd copying

gidster 09:44 13 Aug 2004

im confuzed about dvd rwriters , ive brought one and thought it would be easy to do and it is but after ive copyed a dvd onto a disc which arent cheap they dont play on my dvd player so i have finally found a disc what works but it dosent work on other peoples is it something to do with + and - discs or is it someting to to with a film copyed onto a + disc being copyed onto a - disc.is a double layer re writer better for making copies

scooby43 09:48 13 Aug 2004

what type of format are you using. DVD players use svcd or vcd.

gidster 09:55 13 Aug 2004

im not sure what you mean there dvd not svcd or vcd.
dvd to dvd

jonnytub 09:58 13 Aug 2004

i think the general consensus is older players prefer dvd-r and it would seem the most compatible with standalone players. Newer standalone players can play mostly anything. It's all down to player compatinility. A double layer writer is no better as making compatible copies than a standard writer.

woodchip 10:03 13 Aug 2004

there are things such as copyrights ©

gidster 10:05 13 Aug 2004

thanks jonny so is it better to put a film which is on a - disc back onto a - disc or dosent it matter what disc it is on

jonnytub 10:06 13 Aug 2004

hmm, are you copying dvd film's or burning home movies?

gidster 10:09 13 Aug 2004

my brother gave me a copyed film on a normal disc and i wanted a copy . can i not do that?

jonnytub 10:10 13 Aug 2004

nope and sorry but i can't advise any further.

woodchip 10:13 13 Aug 2004

I would tactfully say put the Film in and turn the DVD on and read the Licence at the Beginning of the Film

gidster 10:17 13 Aug 2004

ok i understand ill stick to my home movies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires