dvd copy problem

Rennaissance 11:22 29 Jan 2004

i use nero 5.5 and tried on the fly copying, but when i press burn with the with the wizard it just freezes and crashes and also nero express just crashes on startup. Help please.

darkjedimistress 11:31 29 Jan 2004

Turn off anti-virus software and firewalls etc and see if that makes a difference.

Diodorus Siculus 11:33 29 Jan 2004

Try updating Nero - it may help (many updates are free from nero.com)

Big Big C 11:50 29 Jan 2004

I also have experienced this at times and in my case found that it was because I was running low on hard disk space. After I had freed up some by deleting unused applications it worked OK.
Having said that it will sometimes still give me a blank screen when about to burn, if I open the tray and move the disk slightly and retry it is then OK.
Hope this is of use.

Regards

Rennaissance 13:45 29 Jan 2004

thank you all. But i have like 39 gig left. But i might try that antivirus and firewall disable. Cause i have both norton firewall and antivirus software enabled. But why would this make a difference?

Diodorus Siculus 16:57 29 Jan 2004

Any luck with the update?

Rennaissance 17:07 29 Jan 2004

sorry Diodorus Siculus totally missed your post. I will try it later tonight. :) thanks.

Rennaissance 17:10 29 Jan 2004

Diodorus Siculus, there are only updates for nero 6 and not 5.5, o well. Does anyone know of any freeware dvd recording software as im starting to not like nero.

bananaslik 17:14 29 Jan 2004

Rennaissance r your rom & writer on the same ide ribbon if they r you cannot do 'on the fly'because it has to image before you write it.on the fly means copy from one disc straight onto another.(or so i believe)

Rennaissance 17:25 29 Jan 2004

wth? bananaslik my dvd rom and dvdrw are on the same cable, but the thing is, on the fly does work as i have done it before using nero, but now it doesnt work for some reason.

Diodorus Siculus 17:34 29 Jan 2004

click here - this is the latest update for Nero 5.5. Taken from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?