dvd capture ?

paul_allard 12:08 23 Dec 2006

Is there a way to capture a scene from a DVD onto my computer ? Do I need a particular piece of software ? if so, any recommendations ?

Technotiger 13:13 23 Dec 2006

Hi, is this what you are looking for?

click here

paul_allard 18:52 23 Dec 2006

I don't think so : I actually want to capture a scene from a DVD playing on my computer and save it to my hard drive.

Iron Maiden 19:10 23 Dec 2006

I use this for normal screen grabs may work with video not sure
click here

eedcam 22:59 23 Dec 2006

If you have Nero you can do it with nero showtime or whichever prog you are using to plat your dvd

rupie 00:02 24 Dec 2006

I think you want to actually capture a piece of footage; Don't you ?

paul_allard 07:38 24 Dec 2006

Yes, it's a piece of footage that I want although a chapter from a DVD would be OK. I do not have a DVD rewriter or ripper as far as I know.

eedcam 09:02 24 Dec 2006

Big difference between a Scene and footage Paul .Download Dvd shrink a freebie which will enable you to isolate whichever section you want then if you have a writer you could burn to dvd. If you have'nt a writer there should still be a workaround for you to view it. I'm sure there are probably better ways that will come up

paul_allard 11:29 24 Dec 2006

This may do the trick although I haven't yet worked out how to only copy an isolated section yet.

eedcam 22:33 24 Dec 2006

Clarify ' This ' please Paul

paul_allard 08:33 25 Dec 2006

I meant the last suggestion by eedcam : I seem to have succeeded to some extent : I downloaded DVDshrink, DVD Decrypter and Ripit4me and have managed ot copy the DVD to my hard drive : I haven't worked out how to only capture one scene or part of one scene or how to view it in anything other than DVDshrink but progress is well underway. Thanks for all the help offered so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?