DVD Burning/RW etc help

BurghBhoy 22:23 05 Jan 2006

I have transfered my camcorder films to my PC for storage & editing but want to get them transfered onto DVD's for playback on my DVD player. I thought going out & buying a DVD Re- writer/ burner would be my answer. It seems I need to change the format of my files & buy new software before I can do this? Is this more complex than I thought? Any help would be much appreciated!

SG Atlantis® 22:25 05 Jan 2006

what format are they in?

Did you get NERO oem with the drive you bought? That is capable.

BurghBhoy 22:30 05 Jan 2006

Windows media/audio files or windows movie maker projects. Probably not the best programmes but I am a beginner :-)

SG Atlantis® 22:35 05 Jan 2006

did you get a cd with the dvd writer you bought?

My recommendation is Nero, you can buy a OEM copy for a couple of quid. Use Nero Vision Express, just drag and drop your video files to it and it will convert them for you.

When you install Nero, click NVE and choose make a DVD, a window will appear drag your videos to the window, click next and follow the instructions.

here's an example click here

BurghBhoy 22:41 05 Jan 2006

Did'nt buy the burner after assistant in PC world told me to convert all my files before I could burn them to DVD. If all I need is Nero then can you recommend a good priced burner?

SG Atlantis® 22:45 05 Jan 2006

click here

any of the ones around £30-£35 quid I can vouch for Philips drives, cos that's what I have. Just make sure it includes nero and nero vision express. It should do.

bhagat singh 22:46 05 Jan 2006

i would recommend

LG GSA-4167BAL 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM

SG Atlantis® 22:46 05 Jan 2006

PS don't listen to PCWorld staff, just ask the forum!

Good luck.

BurghBhoy 22:51 05 Jan 2006

Some great help. Thanks. My DVD recorder/player uses DVD-RW/R discs so would I need to get a burner that burns onto those type discs?

SG Atlantis® 22:56 05 Jan 2006

I assume your dvd recorder is a under the TV one?

Anyway, most writers will burn to dvd-R disks click here that's an LG one.

SG Atlantis® 22:58 05 Jan 2006

I wouldn't bother with RW disks, they can be picky and unreliable to say the least. Stick to DVD-R .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone