DVD burning speeds

sam g 15:09 21 Mar 2008

I am running a single core 2.8 GHz p4 2gb ram, i expect my CPU usage to be fairly high but what i didn't expect is for it to be taking hours to be burning a dvd...
currently i am burning a dvd that i recoded to VOB files using WinAVI and then set it to burn at once through nero 8. Its now on 6hr and 01min and still not finished...
i have uninstalled nero 7, used the clean tool, installed an original version of nero 8 complete with dvd plugins and still no joy. What am i doing wrong or is it simply the writer that is the problem!

lofty29 15:28 21 Mar 2008

Even burning at 4x which is slow the actual burn should not take more than about 20mins for 2hr dvd, its probably something to do with conversion. mine is only 1.8ghz but only takes about 2hrs for convert and burn using intervideo windvd

eedcam 15:41 21 Mar 2008

It can take all night and more to burn depending on what you start with but that would include the recoding etc.But as you have already converted that does seem a bit too long I would try using imgburn its free and better than nero for straight forward burning
click here

sam g 07:59 22 Mar 2008

ok thanks guys i'll give it a shot with fingers crossed! i'll shout back if still no joy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?