DVD burning programme

bruno 17:09 14 Oct 2007

Can anyone recommend a free programme that I can use to burn about 2gbs of photos to DVD.I have done it a lot to CD but never to DVD.

davidh50 17:15 14 Oct 2007

Try this,

click here

bruno 17:20 14 Oct 2007

I have that one, thanks,and I have used it to do the job.I thought it a little bit complicated and I found one snag.The pics were in two separate folders and I did not put them together to burn.The prog did one folder fine, but it finalised the disc and I had to use another disc to burn the second folder.So I wasted a disc really.Previously,when using a CD, I have been able to add to the first folder on the same disc until it was full.

skidzy 17:41 14 Oct 2007

click here
click here

Try Deepburner first bruno.

skidzy 17:44 14 Oct 2007

Just a thought,new from AVS Media click here

jack 17:48 14 Oct 2007

click here xp pro.com

click here

two more
XP Pro is dead easy just drag and click

john bunyan 17:49 14 Oct 2007

Bruno.
I use a DVD+RW and just copy my photo folders and paste them onto the DVD. Then when I have more, I delete the originals on the DVD and re-copy my updated files. I also keep a spare DVD as a back up.

john bunyan 17:51 14 Oct 2007

Bruno. Forgot to say that I make sure folder contents to copy are below about 4 Gig per DVD.

bruno 18:28 14 Oct 2007

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will give them all a try to see which one suits my needs best.I was doing these in a rush for a friends' daughter who is going to live abroad later this week.I expect that was why I got in a tizz.There were 1100 pics in all.I have always used the windows burning but I had forgotten that it does not do DVD.I thought my CD/DVD drive was faulty as it would not recognise there was a disc in it.Trouble is when you get old you learn something and by the time you need it again you have forgotten it.

bruno 18:38 14 Oct 2007

I am afraid your links did not work.

davidh50 19:17 14 Oct 2007

Have you tried this,

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires