dvd burning program- on mum's pc!

Ballie 20:47 20 Aug 2008

I am in some trouble with my mum!

She has a vista pc and wanted some DVD burning software, I down loaded DVD shrink 2008 for her (which she paid for) but her pc will still not burn a DVD, I think she needs some burning program.

Can anyone give me a link to a free one that works with vista, as I need to get back in her good books!

Thank you

MsTechie 20:57 20 Aug 2008

Within Vista there is free inbuilt burning software, not as detailed as what you might pay for but nonetheless free
click here

roddypoddy 20:58 20 Aug 2008

click here
Or look here.

wis 20:58 20 Aug 2008

not sure whats happened here ,any cd/dvd writer
will work with microsoft, they normaly come with
nero disc, go device manager see what that shows up,you dont pay to burn discs

Ballie 21:14 20 Aug 2008

perhaps I haven't explained this right my mums pc is on vista it now has DVD Shrink 2008 installed it also has a DVD RW drive capable of burning.

But I appear to need some burning program for example on my XP based pc I use DVD Shrink but with Nero burning software.

With mum's pc she has the dvd burning drive, she has dvd shrink 2008 but has no burning software, all I need is a link to a free burning software.

wis 22:01 20 Aug 2008

as my prev ,
no additional software is required to burn dvd/cd
vista or xp
i would unistall shink, use defualt microsoft
it works for us all

eedcam 22:12 20 Aug 2008

Shrink is free you have been ripped off .Download IMg burn that is a great free burner and as good as they come bought or free
click here

beeuuem 22:25 20 Aug 2008

There are several free programmes eg click here or - click here - and click here which should all work with Vista anf are simple to use.
I use WinOnCD 6 which is free from click here (register at click here but this is a large D/L and is a matter of taste. I just happen to like WinOnCD.

woodchip 22:29 20 Aug 2008

Yep I have used the CDburnerXP Pro with success

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone