DVD burning problems

kebabnemesis 21:41 24 Oct 2004

My pc is fitted with a Mat*[email protected]:i SW 9581 burner, it burns cds ok but spits out dvd when attempting to burn. I refuse to entertain Time helpline and theur excuberant prices so I was wondering if anyone can help? The os is XP home.

User-312386 22:15 24 Oct 2004

you dont say what you are trying to burn and what software you are trying to burn with

what discs are you using?

kebabnemesis 22:22 24 Oct 2004

The software I am using is Pinnacle instant cd/dvd, discs are datawrite classic dvd-r. I was trying to burn files and dvd films without infringing any copyrights.

THE TERMINATOR 22:39 24 Oct 2004

is your dvd burner + or - format?

User-312386 23:09 24 Oct 2004

I have just bought some dvd-r's from a shop and can't burn with them, i am taking them back tommorow

Have you tried burning some files onto them?

maz2 23:19 24 Oct 2004

You need to check the make of your DVD burner and go to their website and find out what discs are compatible with the burner. They should give you a list of compatible discs or dyes on the discs which are suitable, unfortunately DVD burners are very temperamental and will only work with certain dyes, best of luck

THE TERMINATOR 23:20 24 Oct 2004

you'll be lucky, shops don't take recordable media back unless the packet hasn't been opened....T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires