DVD burning problem

paul_allard 11:20 28 Mar 2009

I use RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter to rip DVDs and then DVD Shrink to burn them. However on my new computer, a Medion (AMD Athlon X2 using Vista), whenever I try to burn a DVD, it will not run on my DVD player but will on my computer.

Any ideas gratefully received.
THanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:37 28 Mar 2009

Have you remembered to "finalise" the DVD after burning?

eedcam 11:50 28 Mar 2009

Shrink dont burn dvd's Decrypter does that usually set up to do so automatically with shrink and automatically finalised.Perhaps that has changed in your new pc and shrink is using Nero or something else By default which as fruitbat suggests is not finalising Check in Shrinks prefernces for that .Personally the best bunrer to use anyway for this is Imgburn it replaces Decrypt click here
Should you go for this remeber to scroll down the page to imgburns download not the Express burn

paul_allard 12:14 28 Mar 2009

Have looked in Shrink's preferences but can find no reference to finalising. Any help ? Meanwhile I'll download IMgburn

paul_allard 07:30 29 Mar 2009

IMGburn seems to have done the trick. Thanks. Paul

eedcam 09:51 29 Mar 2009

Glad you are sorted Paul no you wont find any referrence to Finalizing in shrink as it only authors .Finalizing is left to the burner which Imgburn will do anyway
Can you tick box resolved Please

paul_allard 10:00 29 Mar 2009

Done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?