DVD burning prob

Jak_1 22:29 10 Jun 2006

I am using an Advent PC, XP-Home with an AMD Athlon 64 bit chip, 512MB RAM with the Pinacle burning program that was pre-installed. I have now had several dvd's failing to burn though the program states writing successfuly completed. CD's burn without a problem and the DVD's used to up to recently. I am using DVD+R for burning to as the drive supports DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD RAM and CD's. Anyone able to shed some light on the problem please, I will be very grateful for all suggestions. Was wondering if it may be a bad batch of disks!

woodchip 22:34 10 Jun 2006

The drive may be faulty. your best bet is get some DVD RW discs and keep trying on them. Not keep making coasters

Jak_1 22:36 10 Jun 2006

Thanks, will give that a go.

Jak_1 00:59 11 Jun 2006

Hm, very odd. I can now get it to burn but only if I omit 2 particular files. At last I don't need to fork out for a new drive, lol.

woodchip 08:40 11 Jun 2006

If you are trying to burn a SlideShow with other than Jpg files. i.e It as tiff or some other file format. That's why you will have the problem

Jak_1 12:24 11 Jun 2006

The files I was burning are from my ancient video camera converted to mpg format so they will play on a DVD player to tv. Seems that two particular files were causing a problem as the others have burned ok. I have wasted about 15 DVD+R's but hey they are cheap enough these days and I now seem to have the problem under control.
Thanks for all the input, appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?