DVD Burning

myanmarboy 18:10 25 Nov 2008

I hope someone can help me with this. I have quite a lot of short home videos (holiday stuff and the likes). I want to burn them to DVD but be able to pick and choose which order I view them in i.e create a menu or a list of icons when the DVD opens. I have tried this already but have only been able to view the vids in the order they were burned in - not randomly.
My OS is Vista Premium and I have Nero 8 and Ulead VS 11 Plus for burning. Any help would be appreciated.

Grey Goo 23:47 25 Nov 2008

Use Nerovision express/make DVD. You can create a menu after you import the files.

sharpamat 18:15 26 Nov 2008

I normall use Cyberlink Power producer for jobs such as this myself I find it easier and better than NERO but still will only offer in the order they get put onto disc

myanmarboy 09:25 27 Nov 2008

Many hanks for the replies. I now have something to go on. Thanks again.

MCE2K5 23:39 27 Nov 2008

"I want to burn them to DVD but be able to pick and choose which order I view them in i.e create a menu or a list of icons when the DVD opens. I have tried this already but have only been able to view the vids in the order they were burned in - not randomly":

If you mean select Videos Randomly like a Playlist on an Audio CD, Then, As far as I know, It's impossable.

However, In Ulead VS 11 you could make a One Page Menu of all the short Videos, Select (Click on) at random and when it has finnished go back to the Menu and select another Ad infinitum (Wow I spelled it correct) ;-) .

Grey Goo 14:55 28 Nov 2008

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

This is a Nero menu, clicking on any component will play that particular one. You can customise the menu in many ways at the click of a mouse, even select a frame from your vidoe to show in the box.

myanmarboy 08:42 01 Dec 2008

Thanks to everyone who responded, I am very grateful. I have now tried Grey Goo's method using Nerovision express and it does just what I wanted it to do - impressed the grandchildren mightily too. Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?