DVD Burning

beelara 05:48 12 Nov 2006

I have a problem with the final burning process. I have a Pioneer 109 dual layer burner
I have DVD Shrink and Decrypter software.
I can burn without problems most times , But now and again whilst watching a burnt DVD I get an appearance of a previous scene from a previous burn I did. It first pixalates then a couple of seconds of vision it then carries on without any probs
The burn folder for the encoding process is always deleted of any previous data but still I get the contamination occurring. I even delete the folder and introduce a new one I have reinstalled DVD Shrink and Decrypter to no avail I have checked for hidden files etc
I have come to the conclusion that the Hard drive has bad sectors, I have defragged and error checked the drive
Currently Iam using an extention drive to encode to but its early days no problem at present.
I seek comments to this problem it appears to make the whizz kids scratch their heads

mgmcc 08:38 12 Nov 2006

Are you using DVD "RW" disks that have been previously used and erased? You may be picking up bits of the previous recording from that.

beelara 08:55 12 Nov 2006

thanks for the reply no I only use DVD-R

postie24 18:04 12 Nov 2006

What make discs are you using? Are you using freeware to do the burning?

beelara 22:56 12 Nov 2006

I use Ritek printable discs. I use freeware I dont appear to have issues with Shrink or Decrypter at least I dont think I have any probs in that area. Thanks for your input

postie24 13:02 13 Nov 2006

Try verbatim discs and this 30 day free trial on anydvd and clonedvd click here try it and see if it works out for you

jack 14:17 13 Nov 2006

The recording of previous material has to be from your hard drive - not the type of disks used.
You have cleared all previous files- how?
Simple deletion may not be enough-
Deleting anything on a hard drive does not remove it, it simply 'switches off' the location file- the data is still there until over written.
Many programs cover for this - there was a time when a word processed document would present a few lines of text from something else - it was a disk and disk reading problem[floppy or hard]
So.
When you have made a recording, and cleared the folder- shut the machine down.
Restart then run a cleaning program - CCleaner or Ashampoo - Then make your next recording.

beelara 22:58 13 Nov 2006

Many thanks Postie and Jack for the input I will take your advice Jack and give it a go I will give it a test and get back to you thanks and best regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?