DVD burning

cdm11 19:14 03 Sep 2005

hi Ive just bought a Phillips DVD (dvp 3005) is says it will play almost any DVD.
The problem I'm having is when Ive recorded a TV programme and then burn it on a DVD+RW the DVD player is not recognizing it I'm using sonic programme I got with the p.c. and, burning it as a data disc as it will not let me burn it as a move clip.
Is it i just need a better programme for my p.c. like nero6 or something else? any help would be most appreciated

thanks colin

Diversion 20:13 03 Sep 2005

I don't know if you mean a DVD Recorder that records from the TV channels & Sky. Or you are trying to download movies and burn them to watch on your DVD player. If it is the second thing you are trying, first you have to convert the format to something that your DVD Player can understand. You can't just write a data disc and expect your DVD Player to play it. You need a DVD Rewriter to burn it onto a DVD RW-Disc. And you can use Nero to do the task. Hope this helps.

john-232317 11:42 04 Sep 2005

It is not dvd+r compatable, you will have to burn to -r discs.

john-232317 11:46 04 Sep 2005

click here - only compatable, although any region. If they told you it will play any DVD, take it back for misleading info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?