DVD Burners/RW

BurghBhoy 13:35 16 Mar 2006

Looking to purchase a DVD Burner I can connect up to my laptop & use to burn my home videos from my sony handycam onto DVD for playback on my DVD player using Nero software. Can anyone point me in the right direction or recommend anything??

Giggle n' Bits 14:26 16 Mar 2006

have a look at click here

Please check compatibitly and system requirements a good strong Laptop is fine but if you laptop is low on Memory or Processing power then I wouldn't recomend this route.

BurghBhoy 15:53 16 Mar 2006

There are so many to choose from. I just want something I can plug into a USB port that will work along with my laptop & software, if this is possible? My apologies for being a bit clueless on this issue but should most work with my PC?

Terry Brown 16:10 16 Mar 2006

It might be easier to get a USB Caddy,as a store for you DVD footage, these plug into the usb port of any computer (even 1.1 usb), and this would then be portable for any system you want or even play direct from the hard drive.

goonerbill © ® 11:05 17 Mar 2006

personal opinion would be to get nec nd-3551 (can burn on both sides of compatable dvd disk, data one side text and image the other)and usb housing/caddie and make your own usb external dvd-rw.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?