DVD for boot disk?

Ray5776 16:32 23 Sep 2007

Hi,
Just got a new PC and want to make an emergency boot disk, the full version, there appears to be two choices.
There seems to be no option for using a writeable DVD, I can`t see any reason why this can`t be done,
I can use a CD or a pile of floppies but don`t have a writeable CD disk available and would prefer not to use floppies.
Can anyone advise on how to do this please assuming I can.

Thanks Ray

Press Man 16:56 23 Sep 2007

Ray5776,

Try using a re- writable DVD and see if it works?

tullie 17:05 23 Sep 2007

I dont think you can write to dvd with windows,correct me if im wrong.Use a different burner

Ray5776 17:20 23 Sep 2007

At the moment i can`t even find a starting point to make a disk from anything. Where is the startup disk tab please.

Ray5776 18:16 23 Sep 2007

Hi,
I have not explained this clearly at all, sorry for expecting you to be mind readers:-)
I will start afresh, what I am trying to do is create a Bootable Rescue Media using Acronis.
I have a choice of full version or safe version, opted for the full. The full requires 7 floppies or a
writeable CD.
As I dont want to bugger around with 7 floppies and can`t easily find a CD-RW I have tried to use a DVD-RW but the disk just ejects with the message "Error burning"

Seems like I will have to get a CD-RW but wondered if
anyone here knows a way round.

Thanks Ray

tullie 18:18 23 Sep 2007

That maybe becaus its looking for a cd,some one will know the answer.

tullie 18:19 23 Sep 2007

By the way use a writable not rw

Ray5776 18:31 23 Sep 2007

Thanks tullie & press man.
Now found a CD and sorted it, it would seem that the Acronis s/ware is not geared up for DVD.

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?